ACCEL-PPP is a high performance VPN server application for linux.
Since version 1.8 it is also IPoE server.
Its goal is aggregation of various popular VPN techniques to a single application.
There are many open source projects which provides VPN services,
but they are specialized to a specific VPN technique: only PPPoE, only PPtP, only L2TP.
And you have to learn, configure and manage each one separately to build multi-service VPN server.
With ACCEL-PPTP you have all-in-one with single configuration, single management, single monitoring.
- Extensible modular architecture
- High-performance multi-threaded I/O core
- Supported PPTP
- Supported PPPoE (including TR-101 extension)
- Supported L2TPv2
- Supported SSTP (incl. via unix sockets and proxy protocol)
- Supported IPoE (start session by DHCPv4 or unclassified packet)
- Radius authentication/accounting
- Radius DM/CoA extention
- Supported authentication types: PAP, CHAP (md5), Microsoft CHAP Extentions (including version 2), not supported - EAP
- Supported MPPE
- Compression is not supported
- Extensible logging engine with per session logging support, implemented log to file, log to remote host and log to PostgreSQL targets
- Extensible user/password database, implemented Radius, pppd compatible chap-secrets sources
- Extensible IP pool, implemented Radius, chap-secrets and static pools
- Supported pppd compatible ip-up/ip-down scripts
- Builtin shaper manager
- Command line interface via telnet
- SNMP support (master or subagent via AgentX)
- IPv6 support including builtin Neighbor Discovery and DHCPv6
- All PPTP, PPPoE, L2TP tunnels are kernel-mode so don't produce system overhead like user-space mode tunnels.