Terminating session on lease-time reachs

IPoE related questions
andlui9

Terminating session on lease-time reachs

Post by andlui9 »

Hi guys,

I'm testing IPoE in laboratory and... i encontered difficult when lease-time reachs, the problem is that the Accel terminate sessions before CPE send new request, is terminate with Lost-Carrier, well that's generate one issue, my radacct in radius is flooded. Is there any way to prevent the session from ending before the CPE requests the new allocation?
Dmitry
Администратор

Re: Terminating session on lease-time reachs

Post by Dmitry »

set max-lease-time greater than lease-time
andlui9

Post by andlui9 »

HI,

So, I tried to leave with max-lease-time as you recommended, and even then the problem occurs, I'll leave below the modes I tested so you can analyze:

renew-time=180
lease-time=360
max-lease-time=540
Dmitry
Администратор

Post by Dmitry »

so, i don't understand
what is "CPE requests the new allocation" ?
why CPE doesn't send request in renew or lease time, or even in max-lease-time ? it is disfunctional ?
andlui9

Post by andlui9 »

So, look, as I understood, CPE will use the renew-time value as a time parameter to request (that is, send a "DHCPv4 Request" type package to the ipoe server), or as I understand it, renew the session. With the values I posted before does not work, accel logs off.

However, I did a second test with the following values lease-time=600, renew-time=300 and max-lease-time=3600 and it worked, the client "renews" the session every 5 minutes (300 seconds) and the accel does not close the session, my question is because what with smaller values he is not behaving in the same way?
Dmitry
Администратор

Post by Dmitry »

accel-ppp is behaving same with any (reasonable) values, maybe CPE isn't behaving

you can record logs with small values and show it here so i can undestand whats going on
andlui9

Post by andlui9 »

So, I do not know how to explain, on another server that I manage, this problem does not happen, I believe it's nothing related to the Accel code.