Client does not send IPCP messages.

Questions related to general functionality
ahg

Client does not send IPCP messages.

Post by ahg »

Hey,

I am using PON utility to create a session between server and client. PON uses rp-pppoe client plugin to initate the session and is configured to use PAP for authentication purposes. For authentication, I have populated the pap-secrets in /etc/ppp/ on the client machine with the username and password using the following format " username * password * " and changed the noauth to auth in /etc/ppp/peers/provider file. After running the PON command on client, " accel-cmd show sessions " command show that the client is in start phase and it has been given the IP from the pool defined in the accel-ppp configuration file. After a few seconds, the client goes into the finish phase and then connection gets terminated.

I have captured packets on the client end through wireshark. Accel successfully authenticates the client however after the authentication, the client neither sends IPCP messages nor responds to the IPCP packets sent by accel.

When using the pppoe-start and pppoe-stop scripts provided by Roaringpenguin, The connection between client and accel servers gets successfully established. However, I want to use PON utility because it is fast.

I think I am doing some configuration mistakes but I dont know where.

Any help regarding that will be highly appreciated, thanks!