ACCEL-PPP compared to L2TPNS

L2TP related questions
tj-19

Re: ACCEL-PPP compared to L2TPNS

Post by tj-19 »

Hi, can ACCEL-PPP bind to multiple IP addresses at once?

When using L2TPNS it will only bind/ listen on one IP address per server.

This usually means you have to put the LNS on a downstream IP instead of the IP's provided by your L2TP provider.

Can you also confirm if domain stripping is supported on the L2TP logins? For example if you have user1@test.net or user2@test.com the domain will be stripped in each case and user1 or user2 will be presented for radius authentication.
dimka88

Post by dimka88 »

Accel-ppp by default listen 0.0.0.0 (any), if you need only one ip address to listening, need set [l2tp]bind=x.x.x.x. And if you want use VRRP, I propose don't set [l2tp]bind option

I think you can replace "@domain..." on RADIUS server logic. Accel-ppp guaranteed delivery username to RADIUS without any manipulation.
tj-19

Post by tj-19 »

Hi,
Would it be possible to add a domain filter to ACCEL-PPP as my existing Radius does not support domain stripping? Perhaps something in the ACCEL-PPP config file strip_domain_name = yes to enable it?

If no L2TP bind is specified will network interface affinity maintained? For example, if have two interfaces where L2TP is listening. If traffic comes in on one interface will the return path go via the same interface?
dimka88

Post by dimka88 »

Hi, try use

Code: Select all

[radius]
default-realm=1
this will separate username from @domain....

About second question, I think yes. If you will have problem about this, tell me