Load Balance PPPoE Sessions

PPPoE related questions
mvangent

Load Balance PPPoE Sessions

Post by mvangent »

Hey All,

Im looking at putting up 5 accel-ppp boxes, each with the same incoming vlan's, and i want to try to load balance the customers as best I can, how is that going to work? What kind of config options do i need to set? Im hoping for something automatic, but if need-be I guess I can manually set response delays for different vlan ranges on the boxes.

Additionally, If i have a customer with a static IP, I am thinking about using RIP to route my static ip's one at a time to whichever concentrator happens to pick up that customer. Basically I am going for full redundancy on everything, so i can yank a concentrator out of service and the customers should only see a momentary glitch in their internet.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Either the load balance or the Static Ip between concentrator, maybe RIP is the wrong way to do it?

Thanks,
Matt
Dmitry
Администратор

Re: Load Balance PPPoE Sessions

Post by Dmitry »

hi
you can load balance with PADO delay
format is pado-delay=delay0[,delay1:count1[,delay2:count2...]]
delay0 - is initial delay
delay1 - when connection count reaches count1
delay2 - when connection count reaches count2
and so on

but it is not full redundancy, if one server will crash all its connections will hang up until clients perform reconnect to other server, so it is not "momentary glitch in their internet"