Best Hardware Config

Questions related to general functionality
ultrawave

Best Hardware Config

Post by ultrawave »

Hello forum partners!!!

My name is Ricardo and write from Brazil, the Accel-ppp is quite popular here, several small and medium ISPs are using Accel-ppp and are getting a Great return. I would like to thank the developers for the great job.

Working in a small ISP with about 8k customers WIFI and we are implementing our FTTH network with GPON technology Fiberhome and are using DHCP to assign IP address for customers and we want to migrate to IPoE + DHCP Opt82, but Cisco and Juniper boxes are well expensive and the Accel-PPP seems to be a very nice solution for use here.

My question is in relation to the indicated Hardware for up to 2k IPoE sessions, processor, RAM, NICs, etc. The forum friends could help me with choosing the right hardware?

Best regards.
Абрамчук Вадим

Re: Best Hardware Config

Post by Абрамчук Вадим »

Hi.

Use any recent i5/i7 (like 4770), any good motherboard and E1G42ET or i350-T2 Intel server NIC. This should be enought.
ultrawave

Post by ultrawave »

Hi,

How much traffic you hit with this setting? Some Linux Dist in particular?

Thanks.
Абрамчук Вадим

Post by Абрамчук Вадим »

This should work on wirespeed without any problems. Hitting 2 gbps should be easy enought.
Personally I use Debian, but it doesn't really matter.
s.lobanov

Post by s.lobanov »

ultrawave wrote: Some Linux Dist in particular?
It's not principal. Version of the kernel is decisive. Just use one of the LTS kernel, 3.14 for example (EOL date 2016.08) or 3.10-rhel(Centos7/RHEL7)